For over 30 years, Starting Point (formerly Care Net of Knox County) has offered God’s truth and love to those with needs related to sexuality, unexpected pregnancy, family life and reproductive loss, including abortion recovery. We believe ALL life is sacred and that healthy family systems are the key to building a strong, life-affirming community.
- 1 in 3 women have at least one abortion by age 45, nearly 1/2 of those were church attenders
- 97% of Starting Point pregnant clients ultimately choose life
- 45% of our clients come to appointments alone, desperate for a support system
- Nearly half of all sexually active teens in Ohio will contract an STD
- 24.1% of 6th graders in Knox County admitted to thinking about suicide in 2019
Through education, trust-based relationships, and material assistance, our staff and volunteers empower young families and local youth to find their starting point for success in life.